Grand Canyons and North Montenegro
During this tour you will see the other side of Montenegro, which is comletely different from the one tourists get used to see on the coast.
We know to say: «If you haven’t been in the North, than you haven’t visited Montengro at all ». After visiting the North tourists usually agree with us. The North of Montenegro won’t let you indifferent!
• We are leaving the coast behind us and going along the Boka – Kotorska Bay, straight to the Salty Lake. Also, we will take a break while taveling through the Boka – Kotorska Bay to make some photos and enjoy the stunning view.
• Then, we will be driving alnog the Salty Lake (with several photo breaks), straight to Niksic, after which we will go on with our adventure.
• Our next stop is Pivski Monastery, which has existed since 16th century, and it’s unique by its arhitecure as well as its history.
• After that, our adventure will continue to the town of Pluzine and artificial lake – Piva’s Lake. The depth of the lake in some places is about 180-200 m, and its length is 46 km. We will take a several breaks, so we can enjoy the stunning lake view.
• Firstly we will climb the mountain serpentine and pass through the tunnels, and then drive to the National Park Durmitor, where we will enjoy incredible beauty and unforgettable views. You will be astonished with this place for sure and you’ll get an opportunity to be part of this creative nature. It can’t be described by words, you must see it and feel it as well. After visiting the National Park we’ll take a several photo breaks, so we can enjoy the peacefully quietness that this mountain offers.
• After Durmitor, the following thing to do will be the tour of the National Park and departure to Zabljak, where you will be able to see Iced Black Lake and enjoy its environment, pine forest and clean air. Also, you will have an opportunity to walk along the lake, as well as to swim, if you want, even though the water is pretty much cold.
• After that, we will pass through the most beautiful mountain roads, to the next destination of ours, which is the place called Djurdjevic Bridge on the river Tara and it’s unique not only by its architecture, but by its name. You will truly enjoy the view to the canyon and river Tara – which is the deepest canyon in Europe. Also, if you want stronger impressions, you will be having the oppurtunity to get over whole canyon and river as well, by a chairlift.
• We will go on with our adventure and go to see the other canyon – the Moraca river’s canyon. Where we’ll also take a couple photo breaks.
• Then, we’ll visit an ancient monastery of the same name as canyon Moraca, which has existed since 13th century. Also, on this road, you will see the narrowest place of the canyon – the gorge, where you will be able to create the feeling of an forgettable size of nature.
• Tired but still happy, we’ll return back to coast, through the capital of Montenegro – Podgorica. While traveling you will be able to see the unique railway, located in the rocks, at an altitude of about 1 km, which always reminds of the unique beauty of the North of Montenegro.
• Bring the warm chlothes and comfortable shoes. Because the temperature can be from 5 to 20 degrees lower than in the coast.
• During the tour you will have time for lunch break.
• The whole trip will last around 14 hours.
• Recommended departure time is 6:00-6:30 am.
• Entrance to the National Park is not included in the price of the tour and it’s 3 euros per person.
• The food in the cafe/restaurant you will pay separately.
The price: car – Kia Ceed (4 people) – 280 еuros
car – BMW X 5 (4 people) – 330 еuros
car Mercedes Vito (7 people) – 360 еuros
Price from 280 €
Cost of individual tour
The tour is available for booking all year round.